VMP 163R SUPER MONOBLADE THROTTLE BODY FOR VMP S/C 2018 + 5.0 L
- Free worldwide shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Designed for the VMP Odin supercharger kit
- Industry exclusive - works on 2018+ Mustang GT 5.0 L and 2018+ F-150 5.0 L
- NO ADAPTER BOX required, avoid the expense and issues
- Comes assembled and tested with factory digital electronics
- Elliptical Monoblade design provides for a combination of high flow and tune-ability
- Recommended for power adder applications in the 1000+ rwhp range
- Simple bolt-on installation
Size and fitment:
- Based on the GT500 bolt-pattern
- Opening shape is based on the VMP Gen3R supercharger
- Elliptical blade measures 82 mm tall x 153 mm wide
- Elliptical shape is easier to tune than most throttle bodies this large
- Left-hand side electronics for use with VMP 2018+ supercharger kit. Also fits CobraJet swaps.
- The “163“ designates the surface area of the opening. Measuring and naming throttle bodies by blade width is not accurate for flow potential, especially when the blade shape is not a true oval. VMP has chosen to designate their line of monoblade throttle bodies by surface area.
Modern supercharged engines can easily make over 1000 rwhp. Most customers targeting these power levels go for the biggest throttle body available on the market only to be disappointed when they find the setup is difficult to tune and drive.
To meet the demand of racers, the VMP 163R monoblade throttle body is designed to be large enough to make big power, but not so large that the fly by wire electronics cannot control the blade. This avoids a"failsafe" condition often indicated by a wrench light on the dash with throttle bodies that are too large.
Want to push your Mustang or F-150 5.0 L to 1,000+ rwhp? The VMP 163R is very large and should only be used on high powered applications where the extra size and flow is needed.
The VMP 163R monoblade throttle body may require special tuning such as minimum throttle angle (.80*) and current limit increases. Recommended for heavily modified engines such as those with aftermarket camshafts. The increased lift and duration of aftermarket cams will reduce engine vacuum, making large throttle bodies much smoother and easier to tune. May idle high (~900 rpm) on stock camshaft engines.
VMP’s line of throttle bodies are built with the same digital electronics found on 2018+ Fords (designated by a J on the motor cover instead of an F). The 163R monoblade includes electronics that are tested, and set; all you have to do is bolt it onto the vehicle and load the proper tune.
Includes: VMP 163R Super Monoblade Throttle body for 2018+ 5.0 L (VMP-SM163-JL)